Are you a foreigner who is ill and wish to come to France to receive medical treatment? Malekian law firm can assist you in submitting your visa application or challenging a visa refusal before the CRRV (Visa Application Review Commission) and, if necessary, before the administrative court in Nantes.
What is a short-stay visa for medical reasons?
A short-stay visa for medical reasons allows its holder to come to France for medical treatment. Foreign residents outside of France may apply for this visa from the French consular authorities in their country of residence.
What are the conditions for a visa application for medical reasons?
The following conditions must be met for a visa application for medical reasons:
- Written agreement from the hospital for the admission of the patient, specifying the date and duration of the planned hospitalization, as well as an estimate of the cost of care.
- Proof of payment of the medical expenses through a deposit, advance payment or guarantee issued by the healthcare organization.
- A sworn statement by the visa applicant committing to paying for any unforeseen medical expenses.
- Medical certificate describing the nature of the care in France and indicating the impossibility of receiving medical care in the country of residence.
- Pre-reservation of a round-trip ticket.
- Proof of resources (bank statements, savings accounts, pay stubs, professional card, patent, trade register, tax return, pension statement, proof of receipt of rental or interest income).
- Medical coverage in France.
- Proof of accommodation in France.
What are the reasons for refusing a short-stay visa for medical reasons?
The consular authority may refuse a visa application for medical reasons for various reasons, such as:
- Non-authenticity of the civil status document provided by the foreigner (e.g., errors or omissions on the document, missing mandatory information, etc.).
- Failure to meet specific requirements for the visa application.
- Threat to public order (e.g., in case of a conviction in France).
How to challenge a refusal of a short-stay visa for medical reasons?
Appeals against the refusal of a short-stay visa for medical reasons can be made at two levels: a gracious or hierarchical administrative appeal and/or a legal appeal to the competent administrative court.