Are you a resident abroad and would like to obtain a long-stay visa that allows you to work full-time in France? Cabinet MALEKIAN Law Firm can assist you with the application for your visa or contest the rejection of your visa application before the CRRV and, if necessary, before the Administrative Court of Nantes.
What is a long-stay visa for employment activity?
A long-stay visa (VLS) for employment activity allows its holder to come to France to work as an employee. Foreign residents outside of France can apply for this visa at French consular authorities in their country of residence.
What are the conditions to be met for a visa application for employment activity?
- Authorization to work obtained by your employer from the French administration.
- Proof of diplomas, qualifications, and work certificates.
- Medical coverage in France
- Proof of accommodation in France
What are the reasons for refusal of a long-stay visa for employment activity?
The French consular authority can rely on one or more of the stereotyped reasons to refuse a visa application for employment activity. For example:
- Non-authentic nature of the civil status document provided by the foreigner (e.g. mistakes or errors on the document or lack of mandatory information, etc.).
- When one or more of the necessary conditions for the work visa application are not met.
- Threat to public order (e.g. in the case of conviction in France).
How to contest a refusal of a long-stay visa for employment activity?
An appeal against the refusal of a work visa can be made at two levels. A gracious or hierarchical administrative appeal and/or a contentious appeal to the competent administrative court.