Authorization to work for a foreign employee in France

To work in France as an employee, whether as a main or a secondary activity, a foreigner must be authorized to work in France. The authorization to work is distinct from the right to stay. An individual who is in a regular situation may not have the authorization to work in France. This is the case, for example, with a visa or residence permit stating “Visitor”.

An employer who wishes to hire a foreign employee, already settled in France or abroad, must first apply for a work authorization online. For this purpose, the employer may also appoint a lawyer specialized in foreign law.

logo-malekian law firm
Do you need legal advice or support, either for consulting or for legal proceedings?

Tell us about your needs

We will study your request and get back to you as soon as possible. You also have the possibility to send us attachments to support your request.

As we are bound by professional secrecy and confidentiality of data, Maître Hajar MALEKIAN’s law firm is committed to protecting the security of its clients’ data. For more information on this subject, please refer to the firm’s privacy policy.


Contact us by mail

You can contact us in complete confidentiality by email


For a quote request or any other inquiry, please fill out our confidential form

Make an appointment

For an appointment request and online payment in complete security, please see our rates on the official website of the French National Bar Council (CNB)