You are a foreigner in France holding a long-stay visa or a valid residence permit with the mention “seasonal worker” and you wish to renew your residence permit? The MALEKIAN law firm can assist you in submitting your application for renewal of your seasonal worker residence permit or in challenging the rejection of your renewal application before the prefecture and, if necessary, before the competent administrative court.
What is a seasonal worker residence permit?
A long-stay visa (VLS) or a seasonal worker residence permit allows its holder to carry out an activity at approximately fixed dates annually, depending on the rhythm of the seasons. A foreigner residing in France may apply for the renewal of their residence permit from the prefecture of their place of residence in France.
What are the conditions to be met for an application for issuance or renewal of a seasonal worker residence permit?
- An employment authorization corresponding to the position held
- A fixed-term employment contract
- A written commitment to maintain habitual residence outside France
- Medical coverage in France
- Proof of accommodation in France
What are the grounds for refusal of a seasonal worker residence permit?
The competent prefecture may refuse the application. Indicatively, the most frequent reasons for refusal are:
- non-authenticity of the civil status document produced by the foreigner (e.g. errors or mistakes on the document or lack of mandatory information, etc.)
- when one or more of the necessary conditions for the application for a seasonal worker residence permit are not met
- threat to public order (e.g. in case of conviction in France)