Are you an Algerian and over 18 years old, and you wish to stay in France for more than three months? Are you over 16 years old and an Algerian national who wants to work in France? Do you want your spouse who is an Algerian national to obtain a residence certificate with the mention “private and family life”? The Malekian Law Firm can assist you in submitting your application for a residence certificate for Algerians or in contesting the rejection of your application before the competent administrative tribunal if necessary.
What is a residence certificate for Algerians?
A residence certificate for Algerians is a residency permit that allows its holder to reside in France, for personal or professional reasons, for a renewable period. The issuance of this certificate is automatic if the conditions below are met. Therefore, subject to compliance with all conditions, the prefecture will have less leeway to refuse the issuance of this certificate to its beneficiary.
What are the conditions for obtaining or renewing a residence certificate for Algerians?
The conditions vary depending on the reason for the stay. For example: To work in France:
- A work permit obtained by the employer based in France
- A long-stay visa for employees To study in France:
- Proof of pre-registration or registration in a French educational institution
- Proof of sufficient means of existence
- Proof of address In case of marriage with a French citizen, the spouse of Algerian nationality must fulfill the following conditions: · Entered France legally · The spouse must have always retained his/her French nationality · In case of marriage celebrated abroad, the marriage certificate must be transcribed beforehand on the French civil registry If you are a visitor:
- Proof of sufficient means of existence amounting to an annual amount of €16,236.85
- Commitment not to engage in a professional activity subject to authorization
- Declaration on honor of non-polygamy in France
What are the reasons for refusing a residence certificate for Algerians?
The competent prefecture may refuse the application for a residence certificate for Algerians. Indicatively:
- Non-authentic character of the civil status document produced by the foreigner (e.g., errors or omissions on the document, missing mandatory information, etc.)
- One or more of the necessary conditions for the residence certificate for Algerians are not met
- Threat to public order (e.g., in case of conviction in France)
How to challenge a refusal of a residence certificate for Algerians?
The appeal against the refusal of a foreigner’s residence permit can be made at two levels. An administrative appeal or a judicial appeal to the competent administrative tribunal or both.