You are a resident abroad and you wish to obtain a long-stay visa to work as an entrepreneur or liberal profession in France. You wish to create or participate in a commercial, industrial, artisanal, agricultural or liberal profession activity in France? Cabinet d’avocat MALEKIAN can assist you in filing your visa application or contesting a visa refusal before the CRRV and, if necessary, before the administrative court of Nantes.
What is a long-stay visa for entrepreneur/liberal profession?
A long-stay visa (VLS) for entrepreneur/liberal profession allows its holder to come to France to carry out entrepreneurial activity.
The foreign resident outside of France can apply for this visa from the French consular authorities in their country of residence.
What are the conditions for obtaining a visa for entrepreneur/liberal profession?
- Authorization corresponding to the exercise of your activity in France. If it is a regulated activity subject to an Order, authorization from that professional Order is required. (In the case of medical/paramedical professions, proof of registration with the Order or, if applicable, authorization to practice from the Ministry of Health is required).
- If the activity is not subject to specific authorization, a signed document specifying your professional project in France, accompanied by any document justifying your professional capacity (diplomas, qualifications, professional experience, etc.) proving the ability of the activity to provide a level of resources sufficient to at least equal the minimum wage in France, corresponding to full-time work is necessary.
- In the case of an existing activity, any evidence of the actual activity must be provided.
- The applicant must invest at least €30,000 in the project; Proof of sufficient minimum monthly resources corresponding to the equivalent of the minimum wage. The applicant must hold a degree at least equivalent to a Master’s degree or provide proof of 5 years of professional experience at a comparable level.
- Medical coverage in France
- Proof of housing in France
What are the reasons for refusal of a long-stay visa for entrepreneur/liberal profession?
The French consular authority may rely on one or more stereotypical reasons to refuse a visa for entrepreneur/liberal profession. Indicatively:
- Non-authentic nature of the civil status document produced by the foreigner (e.g. errors or mistakes on the document or lack of mandatory information, etc.)
- When one or more of the necessary conditions for the application for a long-stay visa for entrepreneur/liberal profession are not met
- Threat to public order (e.g. in the case of a conviction in France)
How to contest a refusal of a long-stay visa for entrepreneur/liberal profession?
The appeal against the refusal of a long-stay visa for entrepreneur/liberal profession can be made at two levels. A gracious or hierarchical administrative appeal and/or a contentious appeal before the competent administrative court.