Long-stay student visa
Are you a resident abroad and want to obtain a long-stay student visa in France? The MALEKIAN law firm assists you in submitting your visa application or contesting a visa refusal before the CRRV and, if necessary, before the administrative tribunal of Nantes.
What is a long-stay student visa?
A long-stay visa (VLS) for students allows the holder to come to France to study in an educational institution in France. Foreign residents outside of France can apply for this visa through French consular authorities in their country of residence.
What are the requirements for a student visa application?
- Proof of pre-registration (or registration) in a higher education or training institution
- Proof of your most recent diploma(s)
- Proof of monthly resources of 615 euros
- Medical coverage in France
- Proof of accommodation in France
What are the reasons for refusal of a student visa?
The French consular authority can rely on one or more stereotyped reasons to refuse a student visa application. As an indication:
- Non-authenticity of the civil status document produced by the foreigner (e.g. errors or omissions in the document, failure to mention required information, etc.)
- One or more of the necessary conditions for the student visa application are not met
- Threat to public order (e.g. in case of conviction in France)
How to challenge a refusal of a student visa?
Appeals against the refusal of a student visa can be made at two levels: an administrative or hierarchical appeal and/or a contentious appeal before the competent administrative tribunal.